Maria G. DoveRequest Availability
Maria G. Dove, Ed.D, is currently a Professor in the School of Education and Human Services at Molloy College, Rockville Centre, New York. Prior to working in higher education, she spent over thirty years as an English-as-a-second-language teacher in public schools and adult English language programs. She is well-known for her professional development work across the United States, focusing on culturally and linguistically diverse students. Dove's work has led her to publish books, articles, and chapters on collaborative teaching practices and instructional strategies for English learners. In collaboration with Andrea Honigsfeld, she has co-authored four best-selling Corwin Press books including Collaboration for English Learners: A Foundational Guide to Integrated Practices (2019).
- Teaching Strategies for Diverse Learners
- Common Core
- Special-Needs Students and the Common Core
- Working With Linguistically and Academically Diverse Students
- Best-Practice ELL Instruction
- Creating a School-Wide Framework to Accommodate Diverse Learners
- Common Core for the Not-So-Common Learner: K-5 ELA Strategies & Common Core for the Not-So-Common Learner: 6-12 ELA Strategies: What do the Common Core State Standards mean for academically and linguistically diverse learners? What can teachers and administrators do to support all students to successfully participate in standards-based language and literacy learning activities? This session will address these two essential questions based on the presenters’ research, publications, and professional development work in districts around the US.
- Collaboration and Coteaching to Support English Language Learners: The purpose of this workshop is to explore a framework for collaborative practices ESL, general education teachers, and instructional specialists (e.g., special education, literacy) may engage in and to review, evaluate, and adapt seven coteaching models that promote an integrated service delivery for the sake of ELLs in K-12 instructional settings.
This is a carousel with related book cards. Use the previous and next buttons to navigate.