Join us for a free hour of professional learning to discuss a range of critical issues and gain practical tools and evidence-based strategies.
Collaborating to Achieve Excellence: How to Foster Collective Efficacy in Schools
Date: Wednesday, November 08, 2017
Duration: 60 minutes
Presented by Jenni Donohoo
What matters most in raising student achievement?
Research identifies collective efficacy—the shared belief that what we do really matters—as the #1 factor. When teachers believe that, together, they can positively impact student learning, it results in a number of productive patterns of behaviour: deeper implementation of high-yield strategies, increased teacher leadership, high expectations, and a strong focus on academic pursuits. Join us to learn more about what collective efficacy is, why it's important, and how to foster efficacy to ensure equity, promote well-being, and enhance public confidence in education.
- Understand what collective efficacy is and why it’s important
- Learn about the effect size research that demonstrates factors that influence student achievement
- Gain insight into how collective efficacy beliefs are formed
- Identify the positive consequences associated with collective efficacy and the negative effects that occur when staffs do not share a sense of efficacy
- Know the enabling conditions that help collective efficacy to flourish
- Examine ways to foster efficacy beliefs through leadership practices