Join us for a free hour of professional learning to discuss a range of critical issues and gain practical tools and evidence-based strategies.
Breaking Down the Wall: Essential Shifts for English Learners' Success
Date: Monday, November 11, 2019
Duration: 60 minutes
Anyone invested in the future of our English learners—and we hope that’s all of you!--you won’t want to miss this. Join this once-of-a-lifetime collaboration of the field’s top practitioners as they discuss nine essential shifts for delivering on the promise of our English learners. To shift the status quo is neither fast nor easy, but there is a clear process, and it’s laid out here in this webinar. To distill it into a single line would go something like this: if we can assume mutual ownership, if we can connect instruction to all children’s personal, social, cultural, and linguistic identities, then all students will achieve.
Divided into nine parts, this webinar will walk attendees through the presenters’ nine tenets for teachers and administrators to use as calls to actions in their own efforts to realize our English learners’ potential:
- From Deficit-Based to Asset-Based
- From Compliance to Excellence
- From Watering Down to Challenging
- From Isolation to Collaboration
- From Silence to Conversation
- From Language to Language, Literacy, and Content
- From Assessment of Learning to Assessment for and as Learning
- From Monolingualism to Multilingualism
- From Nobody Cares to Everyone/Every Community Cares
This is a carousel with related book cards. Use the previous and next buttons to navigate.