Discover the many valuable resources available to support students with special needs!
Working With Families and Community Agencies to Support Students With Special Needs addresses two of the most exciting facets of working with students with disabilities: "life-stage" issues (early intervention and effective transition) and collaboration (working with families and professionals). Ysseldyke and Algozzine explore the larger context of students' lives outside school, and how life-stage issues and collaboration interact with and influence instruction.
Including a pretest, posttest, and key vocabulary terms, this informative resource offers valuable answers to the following questions: ·
- What types of transition services exist and when are they necessary?
- What should educators know about early-childhood intervention?
- What issues should be considered when working with families?
- How can schools involve community agencies and businesses?
- What options are available to students with special needs after high school?
- What key program elements are critical to a student's success in the classroom and beyond?
A Practical Approach to Special Education for Every Teacher: the 13-Book Collection
This collection equips educators with practical knowledge and methods that will help them to better engage students in exploring-and meeting-their fullest potential.
- The Fundamentals of Special Education
- The Legal Foundations of Special Education
- Effective Assessment for Students With Special Needs
- Effective Instruction for Students With Special Needs
- Public Policy, School Reform, and Special Education
- Teaching Students With Sensory Disabilities
- Teaching Students With Medical, Physical, and Multiple Disabilities
- Teaching Students With Learning Disabilities
- Teaching Students With Communication Disorders
- Teaching Students With Emotional Disturbance
- Teaching Students With Mental Retardation
- Teaching Students With Gifts and Talents
|Federal Laws and Incentives|
|Direct and Indirect Services|
|Hospital- or Center-Based Programs|
|Does Early Intervention Help?|
|Transition into School|
|Transition During School|
|Transition in General Education Classrooms|
|Dropping Out of School|
|Alternative Living Units|
|How Exceptionalities Affect Families|
|Effects on Family Structure|
|Transition to School|
|Concerns of Families With Children Who Are Gifted|
|What the Research Says|
|Change Over Time|
|Types of Family Involvement|
|Overcoming Barriers to Home-School Collaboration|
|Commitment to Normal Life Experiences|
|Compatible Physical Environment|
|Commitment to Remedial Programming|
|Encouraging Appropriate Behavior|
|Answer Key for Self-Assessments|
|On Your Own|
|Journals & Articles|