Praise for The Student Evaluation Standards:
"A recommended and seminal reference that competently and accessibly addresses the issues of propriety standards, utility standards, feasibility standards, and accuracy standards."
Now, introducing educators to "The Student Evaluation Standards" is easy with this supplement that gives you everything you need to facilitate your workshops on the Joint Committee's 28 standards.
Student evaluation and assessment are central to every school and every classroom. If you are the person responsible for introducing your school community to the Joint Committee's 28 new standards, this Facilitator's Guide to the Student Evaluation Standards will give you the framework you need. This easy-to-follow guide includes the following essential materials:
- Facilitator information—outlines workshop objectives, workshop participants, workshop design and logistics, facilitator's role, as well as frequently asked questions and their answers.
- Workshop activities—includes all the details you need on workshop objectives, pacing, content, and terminology.
- Introduction to The Student Evaluation Standards—uses a case study approach to discuss the relevance of standards, providing an overview as well as exercises on applying the standards. The guide ends with reflection and discussion points, a review, and a workshop evaluation.
- Workshop materials—offers you materials that can be photocopied straight out of the book or tailored to your specific needs, including sample letters, agendas, worksheets, case studies, standards summaries, reflection questions, a sample workshop evaluation form, and much more. But most important, these materials will help ensure that student evaluation practices are on track, so that every educator can properly serve and improve student learning.
The Student Evaluation Standards have been approved by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI), and were developed with assistance from members of 16 professional societies:
- American Association of School Administrators
- American Counseling Association
- American Educational Research Association
- American Evaluation Association
- American Psychological Association
- Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development
- Canadian Evaluation Society
- Canadian Society for the Study of Education
- Consortium for Research on Educational Accountability and Teacher Evaluation
- Council of Chief State School Officers
- National Association of Elementary School Principals
- National Association of Secondary School Principals
- National Council on easurement in Education
- National Education Association
- National Legislative Program Evaluation Society
- National School Boards Association
|About the Guide|
|The Facilitator's Role|
|Frequently Asked Questions|
|1. Orientation (4 Activities)|
|2. Introduction to The Student Evaluation Standards (4 Activities)|
|3. Conclusion (3 Activities)|
|A. Sample Letter to Accompany Standards Book|
|B. Sample Agenda|
|C. Definition of Student Evaluation|
|D. Standards Summaries|
|E. Case Example 1: Plagiarism Controversy|
|F. Case Example 1 Questions|
|G. Standard Application Worksheet|
|H. Case Example 2: Math Learning Communities|
|I. Treasure Hunt Questions|
|J. Pair-Share Questions|
|K. Sample Workshop Evaluation Form|