The tips and tools you need to provide high-quality instruction for students with exceptionalities!
Teaching is most effective when certain general principles are followed; however, not all students are alike, and not all teaching methods are equally effective.
Including a pretest, posttest, and key vocabulary terms, Effective Instruction for Students With Special Needs presents the key components of highly effective instruction and the accommodations and modifications that should be made for special-needs students when:
- Planning Instruction: deciding what and how to teach while communicating realistic expectations
- Managing Instruction: preparing for instruction, using time productively, and creating a positive environment
- Delivering Instruction: presenting content, monitoring student learning, and adjusting instruction
- Evaluating Instruction: monitoring student understanding and engaged time, recording student progress, using data to make decisions, and making judgments about student performance
For cases in which more than slight adaptations may be necessary, this helpful guide also highlights special instructional aids and specific teaching methods proven to enhance the success of students with special needs.
A Practical Approach to Special Education for Every Teacher: The 13-Book Collection
The collection equips educators with practical knowledge and methods that will help them to better engage students in exploring-and meeting-their fullest potential.
- The Fundamentals of Special Education
- The Legal Foundations of Special Education
- Effective Assessment for Students With Special Needs
- Working With Families and Community Agencies to Support Students With Special Needs
- Public Policy, School Reform, and Special Education
- Teaching Students With Sensory Disabilities
- Teaching Students With Medical, Physical, and Multiple Disabilities
- Teaching Students With Learning Disabilities
- Teaching Students With Communication Disorders
- Teaching Students With Emotional Disturbance
- Teaching Students With Mental Retardation
- Teaching Students With Gifts and Talents
|Cognitive Behavior Modification|
|Cognitive Skills Training|
|Class-Wide Peer Tutoring|
|Social Skills Training|
|Answer Key for Self-Assessments|
|On Your Own|