Meets the "highest standard of evidence" for comprehensive school reforms that improve student achievement.
Review of Educational Research, 2003
"This field guide to the Comer School Development Program model, conveniently broken into modules that accentuate practices to support healthy child development, will be a valued resource to educators and anyone else responsible for a child's future."
Edward Zigler, Sterling Professor of Psychology, Emeritus
"These handbooks will help enormously to keep alive what James Comer and his colleagues have so carefully crafted over the years."
John I. Goodlad, President
Institute for Educational Inquiry, Seattle, Washington
This 3-book collection offers a comprehensive field guide to developmentally appropriate education and school leadership as pioneered by James Comer and the Yale School Development Program (SDP). Separate volumes cover school planning, leadership, and management; curriculum, instruction, assessment, and staff development; and child development along physical, cognitive, social, psychological, linguistic, and ethical pathways. This 3-book collection brings the Comer group's 35 years of research, theory, and best practices to every school and district committed to instructional excellence, student success, and healthy growth and development for all children and adolescents in our schools. Highlights include:
- The primary resource for all Comer schools and for all schools and districts that want to use Comer principles to improve student learning and development
- A key training and administrative resource for urban schools and districts that must meet No Child Left Behind standards for "highly qualified" teachers
- A key resource for schools and districts considering school improvement and restructuring
- Provides three key texts for teacher education and educational administration courses on school change, school administration, urban education, developmentally appropriate education, curriculum development, and instructional leadership
- All three volumes include diagrams, forms, checklists, reminder cards, sidebar features, and sample presentations for students, staff, and parents
Save 20%--Over $24!
3 Paperback Books in Slipcase
Individual books can be purchased separately
The 3-book Collection includes the following titles:
1) Six Pathways to Healthy Child Development and Academic Success: The Field Guide to Comer Schools in Action
2) Transforming School Leadership and Management to Support Student Learning and Development: The Field Guide to Comer Schools in Action
3) Dynamic Instructional Leadership to Support Student Learning and Development: The Field Guide to Comer Schools in Action