Tackle tough conversations with diplomacy and skill!
By confronting tough issues in a professional manner, you earn the respect of your colleagues, benefit your organization, and advance your career. Learn the art of direct, productive conversations from Jennifer Abrams, a trusted advisor and coach to education leaders.
This eCourse invites you to work through and prepare for a specific difficult conversation. You’ll develop new abilities that are transferable throughout your career, whether you’re communicating with your supervisor, coaching peers, or mentoring and managing your team. This learning experience will enable you to
- Identify personal barriers that may have been preventing you from addressing uncomfortable issues
- Gain insights from video case studies about hard conversations in the education environment, including the experiences of principals, managers, and others
- Identify the real problem that needs to be addressed, and keep the conversation focused on effective change
- Create helpful tools to prepare for conversations, including outcome maps and scripts
- Adapt your new communication skills and strategies for different audiences
This empowering course will prepare you to lead at a new level, while building collaboration and respect throughout your team.
This course may be taken by individuals as a self-paced, independent study, or by groups of educators as part of a school or district cohort.
For group enrollments, please contact Corwin Sales at (800) 831-6640.
|A Manager's Case Study|
|A Principal's Case Study|
|A Coordinator's Case Study|