Hands-on, Practical Guidance for Educators
From math, literacy, equity, multilingual learners, and SEL, to assessment, school counseling, and education leadership, our books are research-based and authored by experts on topics most relevant to what educators are facing today.
Ten Mindframes for Visible Learning
This practical guide, which includes questionnaires, scenarios, checklists, and exercises, will show any school how to implement Hattie’s ten mindframes and maximize student success.
- Grade Level: PreK-12
- ISBN: 9781544325675
- Published By: Corwin
- Year: 2017
- Page Count: 0
- Publication date: December 08, 2017
How we think is more important than what we do
John Hattie’s landmark Visible Learning research concluded that one of the most important influences of student achievement is how teachers think about learning and their own role. In Ten Mindframes for Visible Learning, John Hattie and Klaus Zierer define the ten mindframes that teachers need to adopt in order to maximize student success. These include:
- Thinking of and evaluating your impact on students’ learning
- The importance of assessment and feedback for teachers
- Working collaboratively and a sense of community
- The notion that learning needs to be challenging
- Engaging in dialogue and the balance between talking and listening
- Conveying success criteria to learners
- Building positive relationships
These powerful mindframes, which should underpin every action in schools, are founded on the principle that teachers are evaluators, change agents, learning experts, and seekers of feedback who are constantly engaged with dialogue and challenge.This practical guide, which includes questionnaires, scenarios, checklists, and exercises, will show any school exactly how to implement Hattie’s mindframes to maximize success.