Join us for a free hour of professional learning to discuss a range of critical issues and gain practical tools and evidence-based strategies.
Developing Assessment-Capable Visible Learners: Students Taking Responsibility for Their Own Learning
[Recorded] Date: Monday, January 22, 2018 - 7:30AM PDT
Presented by Nancy Frey and Douglas Fisher
In this webinar, Nancy Frey and Douglas Fisher discuss how building an environment where students progress through relevant and challenging content allows you to create a classroom teeming with discussion and purposeful activity. They also share a framework for making daily improvements—centered around relationships, clarity, and challenge—that increases student learning and helps you manage your classroom’s success.
Attend this webinar to learn:
- How getting to know each student a little better can fundamentally change the classroom dynamics—and how to do that
- What it means to be an “intentionally inviting” teacher, and how it gives you an advantage in creating an environment conducive to learning
- How to bring more clarity to key aspects of your work—and how it can reap substantial rewards for you and your students
- How opening the culture to student voice—listening to students—is linked to academic motivation, and how to use it to shape your day-to-day planning
- The best ways to increase learning for your students, boosting the proportional value of their school year