The essential guide to lesson planning in the standards-based classroom!
Use this clear-sighted guide to keep your focus on what your students need to know and be able to do. Based on state-of-the-art research, this guide will take you from pre-planning through reflection, evidence of learning, and teaching for transfer to real-life situations. Topics include:
- Pre-planning tools and backward design
- Using standards
- Building effective declarative objectives
- Designing behavioral objectives
- Helping students organize and store knowledge
- Evidence of learning: Do they understand? Can they use the information?
- Planning meaningful learning experiences
- Building connections between old and new knowledge
- Putting lesson planning into practice
- Specific parts of the lesson
- Declarative knowledge, procedural knowledge, and reflection
- Building a model for lesson planning
- Vocabulary pre-test, post-test, and summary
- Bibliography and Index