Effective use of RTI: your road map for reaching every struggling secondary student!
No educator wants to see their secondary students fail classes, drop out, and risk a lifetime of reduced opportunity. Response to Intervention (RTI) allows educators to identify at-risk students and help them before problems snowball.
Developed specifically for secondary schools, this comprehensive manual offers a step-by-step RTI program, including helpful templates and tools. Readers will learn how to:
- Combine two leading, research-based RTI approaches (Standard Protocol and Problem-Solving) to make the most of existing resources
- Develop and manage a universal screening process that identifies at-risk students
- Create a comprehensive student intervention plan (iPlan) for each student, with a focus on skill-building
- Understand and implement curriculum-based measurement and other progress monitoring techniques
- Adapt RTI to Special Education programs
Learn how to plan, deliver, and maintain a successful RTI program!
"I highly recommend this book to all stakeholders who want to be proactive in changing the school experience for students who need support. Classroom teachers, especially, will appreciate the checklists, tips, and strategies."
—A. L. Hough-Everage, Professor of Education