This invaluable resource includes:
- An overview of NCLB legislation highlighting current areas of concern for all three stakeholder levels
- A data-driven plan of action and assessment for transforming the traditional educational curriculum into a standards-based curriculum
- Clear step-by-step instructions in every chapter to ensure sustainability of the standards-based system
- The book's instructional approach incorporates best practices from direct instruction (Madeline Hunter), brain-based learning, differentiated instruction, and other core teaching methods as well as formative and summative student assessment techniques.
- Each chapter features ready-to-use templates, charts, rubrics, and checklists for stakeholders at each of the three levels of responsibility.
Filled with the authors' wealth of hands-on experience, this teacher-friendly text is ideal for teachers, curriculum planners, and instructional leaders.