List of Figures
List of Tables
About the Authors
1. Facilitating the Professional Development of Others: The Role of Action Research and Professional Learning Communities
What Constitutes Powerful Professional Development?
What Are Professional Learning Communities?
How Can Action Research and Professional Learning Communities Become the Dynamic Duo?
What's in a Name?: The Importance of Clarifying Language
What Might an Inquiry-Oriented Professional Learning Community Look Like?
2. Establishing and Maintaining a Healthy Inquiry-Oriented PLC
Ten Essential Elements of Healthy Inquiry-Oriented PLCs
Assessing the Health of Your PLC
Using Action Research to Advance Inquiry-Oriented PLC Work
3. Helping PLC Members Locate a Wondering
The Wondering Litmus Test
Looking Across the Litmus Test Questions and Stories
4. Helping PLC Members Develop an Action Research Plan
Facilitating the Development of an Inquiry Brief: The Inquiry-Planning Meeting
The Inquiry Brief Litmus Test
5. Helping PLC Members Analyze Data
Data Analysis for the Action Researcher: A Review
Coaching Analysis: The Data Analysis Meeting
6. Helping PLC Members Share Their Work With Others
The Importance of Sharing: A Review
Creating a Space and Time for Sharing
Sharing PLC Inquiry Work With a Larger Audience
Four Core Components of Sharing
7. From Good to Great: Lessons Learned in Coaching an Inquiry-Oriented PLC
One Dozen Lessons for Coaching Inquiry-Oriented PLCs