Keeping professional learning communities focused on goals:
High functioning professional learning communities don’t happen by chance. They require deliberate efforts and structures to ensure efficiency and focus, and to ignite action. The first books in the PLC+ series challenged PLC teams to engage in difficult discussions about equity of access, high expectations for all students, and a commitment to building individual and team efficacy. All of this requires activation and skilled facilitation to move from discussion to action. The PLC+ Activator's Guide offers a practical approach, real-life scenarios, and examples that show activators what to expect and how to navigate their PLC+ on a successful and collective journey. Readers will find:
- Templates to help activators prepare for PLC+ meetings
- Approaches for fostering and nurturing collaboration
- Vignettes from real schools that are implementing PLC+
- Reflection questions with spaces for activators to record notes
- Solutions for addressing barriers that often arise in PLC+ teams
Activators will find this an essential guide to keeping PLC+ team discussions goal-focused and the work centered on building the collective efficacy of the team.