Using actual classroom footage, this video companion to The Parallel Curriculum is an excellent resource that shows examples of how the model might look in a range of classrooms and subjects. Carol Ann Tomlinson expertly guides staff developers and teachers by discussing characteristics of the model, and its potential to benefit a broad range of students - including advanced learners.
Introducing the Parallel Curriculum Model in the Classroom by Carol Ann Tomlinson and Sandra Kaplan
1. In Praise of Protocols: Navigating the Design Process Within the Parallel Curriculum Model by Deborah E. Burns
2. The Importance of the Focusing Questions in Each of the Curriculum Parallels by Jann H. Leppien
3. Using the Four Parallel Curricula as a Comprehensive Curriculum Model: Philosophy and Pragmatism by Sandra N. Kaplan
4. Exploring the Curriculum of Identity in the PCM Model by Jeanne Purcell
5. Ascending Intellectual Demand Within and Beyond the Parallel Curriculum Model by Carol Tomlinson, Sandra Kaplan, and Kelly Hedrick