Integrate global learning activities in your elementary classrooms today with this easy-to-use guide!
The world is more interrelated today than ever before. This smart, all-in-one resource from widely acclaimed authors Homa Tavangar and Becky Morales helps busy, budget-conscious educators give younger students the global edge. You’ll find hundreds of easy, stand-alone activities, resources, and projects to:
- Seamlessly integrate your existing K–5 Common Core curriculum with fun, interactive global awareness themes and activities
- Effectively recruit more parent and community volunteers and organizations
- Securely and productively use social media for student global collaboration projects
- Confidently infuse fresh ideas and best practices into your international events
- Plan after-school global awareness clubs, foreign language programs, and cross-curricular activities
This book includes a handy 12-month timeline, backmapping tips, a checklist of 50+ ready-to-start projects and activities, and invaluable links to online global education sites, as well as the author’s site that includes tools, templates, references, and much more (http://www.corwin.com/globaledtoolkit).
Bring the world into your classroom the easy, practical way with this ready-to-use guide!
Find the perfect book (among a list of 300+, all organized by subject area and grade level) to accompany a lesson on different cultures, compliments of The Global Education Toolkit for Elementary Learners. (Elementary)
Use this Global Citizen Passport from Tavangar and Mladic-Morales’s The Global Education Toolkit for Elementary Learners as an interactive keepsake for your next global activity. (Elementary)
Learn from Homa Tavangar and Becky Morales, authors of The Global Education Toolkit for Elementary Learners, how to build global and cultural awareness inside the classroom with year-round activities.