Written for the prospective and practicing assistant principal, this book is both comprehensive and practical. It includes a strong pedagogical approach, with chapter-opening Focus Questions, pull quotes, stories and vignettes, self-assessment inventories, annotated bibliographies, sample letters.
About the Author
1. Past and Present Challenges to Assistant Principals as Instructional Leaders
2. Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Dispositions
3. Clinical Supervision
4. Instructional Improvement
6. Program Development and Evaluation
7. Why Didn't They Teach Me This Stuff in Graduate School?
8. Do I Want to Remain an Assistant Principal?
Resource A: Annotated Bibliography
Resource B: Web Resources for Assistant Principals