Help your students become proficient in academic language
Is academic language a barrier that keeps your students from achieving all they should? This eCourse gives you a complete toolkit for teaching academic language in a holistic way, while building your students’ critical thinking skills and confidence.
This interactive course is based on a four-pronged approach to acquiring and mastering academic language teaching and learning: sociocultural, developmental, academic, and related to cognitive process. You’ll master new strategies to support your students’ academic language development and mastery of academic content. You will also be able to:
- Connect your curriculum with topics and issues that are culturally relevant for your students
- Gain insights through exercises and thought-provoking videos featuring outstanding teachers
- Develop goals and a measurable plan for academic language learning in your classroom, including a strong focus on family partnerships
- Incorporate more instructional conversation in your curriculum
- Help students develop a richer vocabulary and higher-order thinking skills
- Use learning objectives to motivate and challenge students
This eCourse includes:
- Classroom videos and teacher interviews
- A downloadable Parent Involvement Plan template
- Guided practice activities for each module
Debbie Zacarian is also available for consulting work, discussing how her framework can be used in a variety of ways, such as unit and lesson planning and peer-to-peer observations.