Since the first edition of Schools and Data, data-based decision making is no longer an option for educators. Today's educational climate makes it imperative for all schools to collect data and use statistical analysis to help create clear goals and recognize strategies for improvement.
Schools and Data, Second Edition, focuses on the relevance of statistics in the lives of principals and teachers. Real-life examples and step-by-step procedures for collecting and organizing data provide every school leader with the means to facilitate more appropriate and effective decision making. With a highly practical method for statistical analysis, this comprehensive yet reader-friendly new edition places special emphasis on:
• Connecting statistics and educators' daily work
• Integrating applied technology, including Excel and SPSS software
• Strengthening educators' data interpretation skills
• Building strong skills in problem analysis, program evaluation, data-driven decision making, and report preparation
• Increasing the focus on correlation and regression
Packed with easy-to-follow instructions, illustrations, and real-world examples that educators can readily understand, this is an essential resource for school leaders who want to create meaningful, data-driven decisions!