From two math coaches who really know how
Have you ever wished there were a single resource to help you tackle your most persistent teaching issues once and for all? To engage students in more meaningful ways? To provide the tools you need to increase students’ understanding of key mathematical concepts? All at the same time! Math coaches Thomasenia Lott Adams and Joanne LaFramenta have just written it.
Written especially for grade 3-5 teachers, Math Know-How is organized around real questions Adams and LaFramenta have fielded from real teachers—questions that have remained remarkably consistent across the hundreds of educators they have advised . Now these two coaches share their hard-won wisdom with you, including how to
- Employ strategies to connect instruction to the CCSS, especially the Mathematical Practices
- Negotiate the wide range of lesson planning and instructional choices
- Catch up when you fall behind your pacing guide
- Explore the myriad possibilities for exploiting technology in the classroom
- Engage students with diverse learning needs
Read this book cover to cover and start asking and answering questions of your own about your teaching practice.
“As we shift from individual standards to the Common Core State Standards for Mathematics, this book will be a valuable resource in establishing strategies and instructional techniques to better equip teachers for the overwhelming transition.”
—Nena Mathews, Math/Science Teacher, Florence, SC