Lead your students to success through masterful reading programs!
The success of students almost always depends upon their mastery of literacy during the early years of school. This groundbreaking text demonstrates how the development of literacy during the crucial PreK-3 years is fundamentally related to school leadership. Principals, administrators, policymakers, and instructors will all benefit from the 20 years' worth of research-based and tested information that Murphy compiles.
Leadership for Literacy features a comprehensive approach to studying the link between leadership and literary instruction. Four primary areas of scholarship—instructional leadership, quality instruction, school effectiveness, and successful reading programs—are examined.
This resource provides school leaders with the tools they need to:
- Achieve quality literacy programs through effective leadership
- Focus on the mastery of literacy among young children
- Influence the political decisions that affect literacy programs
- Prevent literacy problems in students before they lead to school failure
- Reach at-risk students and students of all levels and backgrounds
Leadership for Learning does more than just prove the connection between leadership and literacy instruction; it demonstrates how successful literacy programs can become a reality in all schools.
About the Author: Joseph Murphy is a professor of education at Peabody College of Education at Vanderbilt University. He is also chair of the Interstate School Leaders Licensure Consortium (ISLLC).