For many students, elementary school is a time of tough transitions. When a student struggles in class, has difficulty making friends, experiences a life-changing event or crisis, or faces other challenges, your support is essential. Finding the right intervention for each identified student can be the key to that child’s future success.
In this companion book to The Use of Data in School Counseling and Hatching Results for Elementary School Counseling, Trish Hatch, Ashley Kruger, Nicole Pablo and Whitney Triplett offer a systematic, evidence-based approach to creating and implementing high-quality interventions within a Multi-Tiered System of Support (MTSS). This hands-on guide features:
• Thorough exploration and explanation of Tier 2 and Tier 3 activities
• Guidelines for progress monitoring and collaboration with teachers and family
• Templates for developing lesson plans and action plans
• Web-based resources, including downloadable templates and a discussion guide
• Personal stories and vignettes from practicing school counselors and teachers of the year
Every student deserves a quality education in a positive, healthy, safe environment. When you provide targeted, data-driven interventions for students in need, you make that possible for them—and improve school life for their classmates and teachers as well.
Hear firsthand from Trish Hatch, PhD, nationally renowned school counseling expert and author of multiple bestselling texts, including: The Use of Data in School Counseling; Hatching Results for Elementary School Counseling; Hatching Results for Secondary School Counseling; and Hatching Tier Two and Three Interventions in Your Elementary School Counseling Program; all which describe the school counselor's role in a multi-tiered system of supports aligned with the ASCA National Model.