Lead workshops to help teachers connect best inclusive practices with standards!
Based on the best-selling book More Inclusion Strategies That Work! this facilitator's guide offers techniques for maximizing the strengths of all students in inclusive classrooms while meeting curriculum standards for all learners. Staff developers and workshop leaders will find specific tools to facilitate book study groups, seminars, and professional development events that increase teachers' skills in using inclusion strategies on a daily basis to instruct students at differing cognitive, sensory, physical, behavioral, emotional, and social levels. This easy-to-use guidebook offers step-by-step instructions for leading focused discussions on:
- Applying inclusive strategies across the curriculum
- Using assessments that are sensitive to differences in students' abilities
- Varying the complexity and pace of lessons while achieving learning objectives
- Maintaining sound educational principles
The chapter-by-chapter study guide features:
- Workshop activities
- Discussion questions
- Suggestions for practical applications
- Chapter summaries
- Handouts and overheads
- Resources for extending learning
- Sample agendas for half-day, one-day, and two-day workshops
- A workshop evaluation form
The Facilitator's Guide to More Inclusion Strategies That Work! is ideal for staff developers or anyone leading professional training for groups of any size—pairs, small workshops, or large seminars.