"With a clear picture of what motivates teachers, Beerens gives us a workable and virtuous approach to nurturing professional teachers. His proposals are rooted in authentic experience and a caring heart."
Max De Pree
Best-selling author of Leadership Jazz and Leading Without Power
A new system that moves beyond accountability—toward growth!
Now there is a new system that offers administrators strong grounding in theory and real-life practical skills for successfully evaluating teachers. Dan Beerens' Growth-Focused Evaluation System offers more than accountability—it paves the way for improved teacher and student success. This new approach incorporates:
- Constructivist teaching principles
- Emotional intelligence and brain research
- Improved professional development practices
- Reflective practice
- Collaborative teacher-administrator relationships
- Self-assessment and peer coaching and evaluation
The development of the teacher as a professional is the key to a successful learning culture within a school. Evaluating Teachers for Professional Growth is a crucial resource for any administrator who wants to implement an evaluation plan that works — for teachers, schools, and students. This accessible guide offers:
- Action steps for working with experienced, beginning, transferring, and marginal teachers
- Samples of how to report teacher growth and evaluation
- Guidance for teachers in recording their own professional growth
- Handy reproducible forms to use immediately
Administrators who strive to achieve sustained and meaningful professional growth for teachers will find this book a key resource.
About the Author: Dan Beerens has taught behavior-disordered and physically disabled school students, has served as principal of several elementary and middle schools, and has presented on teacher evaluation and professional growth at regional and national conferences. He has been significantly involved in systemwide curricular change and program development within every district he has served.