- Encouraging inquiry, trust, and relaxed alertness for learners
- Creating hands-on performance tasks and rubrics applicable to real life settings
- Using data to assess learner knowledge and achievement gaps against grade-level standards
-Continuous assessment before, during, and after learning
- Methods for engaging emerging learners, developing learners, and fluent learners at all stages of development
- Ready-to-use strategies for inquiry-based learning, inexpensive hands-on learning, problem-based learning, cooperative learning, focus and sponge activities, graphic organizers, choice boards, and more
- Management and pacing strategies for the differentiated science classroom.
A generous collection of templates, planners, checklists, rubrics, and graphic organizers will be included in the text. Standards-based sample lessons will be offered for grades K-8.