Help students thrive with this systematic approach to culturally responsive instruction!
Research shows that students of color learn best in classrooms that reflect their cultural values. This breakthrough book shows educators how to create culturally relevant RTI models that help diverse students thrive!
Step-by-step, you’ll learn to skillfully apply 4 core characteristics critical to culturally responsive instruction: communalism, movement expressiveness, orality, and verve. Richly detailed case studies and evidence-based, process-focused strategies will help you to:
- Understand how and why culture mediates learning
- Dispel cultural biases and appreciate the assets among all student groups
- Address all tiers of the RTI model across grade levels
- Eliminate disproportionality in special education eligibility decisions
- Work collaboratively with African American parents and communities
Use this thought-provoking handbook to confidently design high quality, culturally responsive instruction that fits the cultural needs of most African-American students!