"This book could save you precious time when implementing a curriculum mapping initiative! From theoretical information to practical advice for planning and sustaining systemic change, this book provides valuable tools for supporting your curriculum mapping work."
—Mary Helen Hart, Curriculum and Grants Coordinator
Franklin Northeast Supervisory Union, Richford, VT
"Curriculum mapping is multifaceted and systemic, thus requiring time, buy-in, collaboration, and thoughtful planning by school leaders. Hale and Dunlap guide leaders by providing sound advice, steps to follow, and anecdotes for small and large districts that are beginning mapping or trying to reinvigorate their current mapping efforts."
—Janet Boyle, Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum & Instruction
Center Grove Community Schools, Greenwood, IN
Lead a collaborative and sustainable curriculum mapping initiative!
A powerful, data-driven tool for school improvement and systemic change, curriculum mapping depends on strong administrative and teacher leadership for successful implementation. This comprehensive book shows how school- and district-level leaders can guide an effective curriculum mapping initiative—one that results in positive, long-term improvements in student achievement.
Written by nationally known experts in curriculum mapping, this practical guide shows how to create the culture and structure needed to effectively align curriculum, meet standards, and work collaboratively. Addressing the specific roles of district leaders, curriculum directors, principals, and teacher leaders, the authors focus on:
- An overview of the key concepts and processes of curriculum mapping
- Leadership strategies for each phase, including discussion of roles and responsibilities
- Insights on developing effective teacher leadership, with suggestions for allocating time and resources
- Information about how leaders can create professional development maps and professional roles maps
- Real-life examples of educational leaders' curriculum mapping experiences
Discover valuable tools and insights that support knowledgeable, inspired leadership of curriculum mapping initiatives!