Bridge the Digital Divide with Research-Informed Technology Models
Since the first edition of this bestselling resource many schools are still striving to close the digital divide and bridge the opportunity gap for historically marginalized students, including English learners. And the need for technology-infused lessons specifically aligned for English learners is even more critically needed.
Building from significant developments in education policy, research, and remote learning innovations, this newly revised edition offers unique ways to bridge the digital divide that disproportionally affects culturally and linguistically diverse learners. Designed to support equitable access to engaging and enriching digital-age education opportunities for English learners, this book includes
- Research-informed and evidence-based technology integration models and instructional strategies
- Sample lesson ideas, including learning targets for activating students’ prior knowledge while promoting engagement and collaboration
- Tips for fostering collaborative practices with colleagues
- Vignettes from educators incorporating technology in creative ways
- Targeted questions to facilitate discussions about English language development methodology
Complete with supplementary tools and resources, this guide provides all of the methodology resources needed to bridge the digital divide and promote learning success for all students.