Hands-on, Practical Guidance for Educators
From math, literacy, equity, multilingual learners, and SEL, to assessment, school counseling, and education leadership, our books are research-based and authored by experts on topics most relevant to what educators are facing today.
Teaching Better Day by Day
Can old-fashioned paper-and-pencil planning be cutting-edge? Yes, when it is a planner designed by master teacher Jim Burke, with space to dream big and teach well each day.
- Grade Level: PreK-12
- ISBN: 9781071910436
- Published By: Corwin
- Series: Corwin Teaching Essentials
- Year: 2023
- Page Count: 248
- Publication date: April 20, 2023
A low-tech, highly-practical planner everyone wishes for—and every teacher needs
Renowned educator Jim Burke discovered that teaching at the top of your game requires low-tech, low-profile moments for picking up a pen, reflecting, and looking ahead. Maybe that’s why every page of this remarkable planner feels handcrafted with Jim’s wisdom on managing your time, your classes, and your life. You’ll find professional development ideas to nudge you toward new practices as well as the tried and true— with yearly, monthly, weekly, and daily planning pages for you to setting your own personal and professional goals. Highlights include:
- Fill-in pages for long-range dreaming, annual unit envisioning, and short-term planning, as well as downloadable pages for daily ideas and improvisation based on students’ needs
- Personal Professional Development (PPD) pages and essential readings to help you focus every month on pressing issues and timeless pedagogy about teaching and learning
- Space to help you set personal goals and reflect on them throughout the year
- Tools to help you plan instructional time and focus on students who need extra support
A planner is never about the lessons--it’s always about the life. It’s about the life and growth of teachers and students and the robust, happy development of one’s days. And there’s no better educator than Jim Burke to remind us of that in Teaching Better Day by Day.
Table of Contents
PREPARING TO TEACH
THE DAILY LESSONS AND UNITS