Hands-on, Practical Guidance for Educators
From math, literacy, equity, multilingual learners, and SEL, to assessment, school counseling, and education leadership, our books are research-based and authored by experts on topics most relevant to what educators are facing today.
Reach the Highest Standard in Professional Learning: Outcomes
Create lasting, transformative change with this expert resource on the Standards of Professional Learning. Includes an original “think piece,” a case study, and practical tools.
- Grade Level: PreK-12
- ISBN: 9781452291956
- Published By: Corwin
- Year: 2015
- Page Count: 120
- Publication date: July 13, 2015
Professional development that increases educator effectiveness and student success!
Learning Forward is a leader in understanding and advancing professional learning that leads to student success. This series explores Learning Forward’s seven Standards for Professional Learning which outline the characteristics of effective professional learning that, collectively, advance teaching and learning.
This volume gives teachers and administrators a detailed roadmap for implementing the Outcomes standard. Deepen you knowledge of this standard with:
- An original essay by Delores B. Lindsey and Randall B. Lindsey on using the lens of Cultural Proficiency to highlight the theme of educational equity that is embedded in the standard
- Practical tools that guide leaders in finding coherence between performance standards for educators and curriculum standards for students
- A powerful case study to illustrate how the standard was enacted across a major urban school district
With this book, educators will reach new heights in professional growth and students will reap the benefits!
(2) Provides educators with the learning opportunities and tools to unpack each standard, connect the standard to their own contexts and experiences, and build a common understanding of the qualities of effective professional learning.
(3) Original essays, written by leading experts in the field, challenge existing thinking and promote new, deeper-level understandings of the meaning of the standard.
(4) Explores the in-connectedness of individual standards and cultivates an appreciation for how the standards function in symmetry.
(5) Includes a detailed chapter on implementation and application of the standard to help close the knowing-doing gap and sustain improvements over time.
(6) Original case studies provide inspirational examples of actual districts "getting it right" and educators who have realized the promise of effective professional learning.
Table of Contents
Introduction to the Series
The Learning Forward Standards for Professional Learning
The Outcomes Standard
About the Authors
1. Professional Learning Standards Through the Lens of Cultural Proficiency: A Response for Equitable Outcomes
2. Beginning at the End
3. The Case Study