Hands-on, Practical Guidance for Educators
From math, literacy, equity, multilingual learners, and SEL, to assessment, school counseling, and education leadership, our books are research-based and authored by experts on topics most relevant to what educators are facing today.
The On-Your-Feet Guide to Learning Transfer
- Grade Level: PreK-12
- ISBN: 9781544382746
- Published By: Corwin
- Series: On-Your-Feet-Guides
- Year: 2019
- Page Count: 6
- Publication date: July 16, 2019
All On-Your-Feet Guide orders receive FREE SHIPPING! Use code SHIPOYFG at check out.
The goal of learning is to develop strong thinkers and problem-solvers who can apply what they have learned in the classroom to innovate in the real world. That’s learning transfer. This On-Your-Feet Guide to Learning Transfer will help you break down the steps needed to implement this important strategy to engage and motivate your students and make your classroom relevant.
This On-Your-Feet Guide provides:
- A step-by-step method for ensuring that learning transfer happens in your classroom
- Guidance on how to identify the concepts in learning outcomes
- Examples showing how to write concept questions to help students make their own connections between key concepts
- Prompts to help students apply conceptual relationships to increasingly dissimilar contexts
Full of rich examples and ideas, this guide will make learning transfer a successful learning strategy in your classroom!
Use the On-Your-Feet Guides
- When you know the “what” but need help with the “how”
- As a quick reference to support a practice you learned in a PD workshop or book
- To learn how to implement foundational practices
- When you want to help your students learn a specific strategy, routine, or approach, but aren’t sure how to do it yourself
- remember the process for teaching conceptual understanding: uncover concepts -> transfer to new context
- understand how the ability to transfer successfully leads to innovation in real world contexts
- explicitly teach students about learning transfer
- assess learning transfer
Other Titles in: Teaching Methods & Learning Styles