Hands-on, Practical Guidance for Educators
From math, literacy, equity, multilingual learners, and SEL, to assessment, school counseling, and education leadership, our books are research-based and authored by experts on topics most relevant to what educators are facing today.
A Little Guide for Teachers: Cognitive Load Theory
- Grade Level: PreK-12
- ISBN: 9781529609868
- Published By: SAGE Publications Ltd
- Series: A Little Guide for Teachers
- Year: 2023
- Page Count: 88
- Publication date: January 17, 2023
Cognitive load theory is a vital model for understanding how school students learn, but it’s often misunderstood and difficult to use effectively in the classroom. Greg Ashman guides you through the details with a clear jargon-free focus on how an understanding of cognitive load theory can enhance your teaching.
The Little Guide for Teachers series is little in size but BIG on all the support and inspiration you need to navigate your day-to-day life as a teacher.
- Authored by experts in the field
- Easy to dip in-and-out of
- Interactive activities encourage you to write into the book and make it your own
- Read in an afternoon or take as long as you like with it!
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Why cognitive load theory?
Chapter 2: Models of the mind
Chapter 3: Simple cognitive load theory effects and how to use them
Chapter 4: Complex cognitive load theory effects and how to use them
Chapter 5: A case study of productive failure
Chapter 6: Bringing cognitive load theory to your classroom