Hands-on, Practical Guidance for Educators
literacy, equity, multilingual learners, and SEL, to assessment, school counseling,
and education leadership, our books are research-based and authored by experts
on topics most relevant to what educators are facing today.
Google Apps Meets Common Core
Maximize learning and exceed Common Core requirements using Google’s suite of easy-to-use tools. Includes step-by-step guidance, screen shots, links, and sample K-12 lesson plans.
- Grade Level: PreK-12
- ISBN: 9781452257334
- Published By: Corwin
- Year: 2013
- Page Count: 248
- Publication date: April 24, 2013
When you select 'request review copy', you will be redirected to Sage Publishing (our parent site) to process your request.
Your all-in-one solution to college and career readiness in the 21st century!
No doubt about it, technology is a necessity in the Common Core classroom. Enhance your curriculum and launch a stress-free implementation of the Common Core’s required technology components with Google’s suite of free, easy-to-use educational tools.
Written for both the tech-challenged and tech-savvy teacher, this book shows you the "how" and "why" of using Google Apps for Education to meet key college and career readiness standards. Michael Graham shows how you can easily plan fun, Common Core-aligned lessons with
- Specific, step-by-step instructions and screen shots for a variety of Google apps
- Complete sample lesson plans and correlations for elementary, middle school, and high school
- Technology Infused Teaching Tips for maximum integration of Common Core standards into your curriculum
- Resource Links to training videos, websites, and interviews with current Google Apps for Education users
- Classroom management and online safety tips
- Authentic student work examples
- Preparation for the Next Generation Assessments
In clear and direct language, Google Apps Meets Common Core walks you through the process of transforming your classroom into a 21st century learning lab for college and career ready students!
"The author provides simple directions approachable to tech users at any level, from novice to advanced. I was so glad to discover new apps and ways to use technology in my classroom and for my own record keeping."
—Heidi Guadagni, Learning Specialist
French Prairie Middle School, Woodburn, OR
"This book provides wealth of information to learn how to use Google Apps as a learning tool in the classroom. You’ll learn how to provide your students with the skills needed to become proficient with using technology throughout their day and have access to their work from any device."
—Betty Rivinus, Special Education Teacher
Canby School District, OR
- Provides step-by-step tutorials on how to use the Google Apps for Education suite.
- Describes how each tool can impact student learning, promote 21st century skills, and meet and exceed the Common Core State Standards.
- Offers classroom examples, teaching tips, and sample lessons aligned to the Common Core standards to help teachers begin to use these tools effectively.
- Addresses how to use Google tools to monitor progress and mastery of the Common Core standards.
- An extensive collection of web resources are housed here: http://goo.gl/Envlf
- More resources can be found at the book's companion website: www.21learning.net
Table of Contents
About the Author
1. Common Core State Standards and Technology
2. Google Apps for Education
11. Even More
"This book provides wealth of information to learn how to use Google Apps as a learning tool in the classroom. Learn how to provide your students with the skills needed to become proficient with using technology throughout their day and have access to their work from any device."Betty Rivinus, Special Education Teacher
Canby School District, Canby, OR
"This is a great resource tool for transitioning classrooms into 21st century learning environments with students in charge of learning so they are ready for college and careers in the ubiquitous age of access to information and technology."Susan Stewart, Assistant Professor
"This book provides clear explanations of how to implement CCSS using technology that many of us are already familiar with."Deborah Howard, Teacher
"The author provides simple directions approachable to tech users at any level from novice to advanced. It's hard to find a resource like this that appeals to such a wide spectrum of tech users. I was so glad to discover new apps and ways to use technology in my classroom and for my own record keeping."Heidi Guadagni, Learning Specialist
French Prairie Middle School, Woodburn, OR