Andrea Hnatiuk, B.A., B.Ed. has been an educator in rural and urban Saskatchewan for 30 years. After spending her first eighteen years as a classroom teacher, with most of her time spent in the middle school year, she spent four years as a coach providing leadership in literacy instruction, assessment, and curriculum. Since 2013 she has been an education consultant and program manager for the Ministry of Education in Saskatchewan, Canada, implementing a large-scale, research-based change initiative aimed at the increasing outcomes for Indigenous students across the province.
Her experience has enabled her to be instrumental in school division and provincial initiatives targeted to increase student reading and literacy levels. She has provided support for special projects including leadership training for school-based administrators in efforts to support improved outcomes for marginalized students. she have also been called upon to provide support during and after traumatic school-based events.
Andrea is an active, life-long learner who holds a B.A. and B.Ed. from the University of Regina, and a M.Ed. in Education Administration and Leadership from the University of Saskatchewan. She is passionate about promoting and ensuring best practices are incorporated into classrooms and schools where all students benefit from collective efforts.
Since beginning her Corwin Consultant journey, she has been fortunate to be certified in the Visible Learning + suite of offerings plus additional Corwin Consultants certifications including:
- Foundation Series (Foundation Day; EIA 1, 2, and 3; Leaders; VLAT 1, 2, and 3 Teachers)
- Impact Series (The Visible Teacher, Mindframes, Feedback, Developing Visible Learners, How Students Learn, Developing Assessment Capable Visible Learners 1 and 2)
- Impact Coach (1, 2, and 3);
- School Capability Assessments
- Teacher Clarity; and,
- Asynchronous Online Courses.
If you would like to get to know her a little more, here are a couple of videos:
1. My Visible Learning Training video on the Visible Learner
2. Getting to know Andrea
3. Teacher - Student Relationships
4. Collective Teacher Efficacy
5. How are you delivering instruction remotely?