The Visible Learningplus Foundation Day in Hawaii is a two-day conference with Kristin Anderson, designed to provide you with practical activities and take-away tools. Part of the Visible Learning Foundation Series, this institute is the first step that will help you create Visible Learning Schools that systematically examine effective instructional practice in order to determine the “impact” on student achievement and learning.
You will learn:
- The key philosophy of Visible Learning and the major factors that influence student learning and achievement
- The importance of effect sizes as a useful way to measure progress
- The key characteristics of assessment-capable learners (students who can answer: Where am I going? How am I going? Where to next?)
- The mind frames leaders need to impact student achievement and instruction
- The role of feedback
- The importance of learning intentions and success criteria