If you're a high school teacher, no need to despair. Jim Burke has created a Common Core Companion for you, too. This time positioning the grades 9-10 standards alongside 11-12, it's every bit the roadmap to what each standard says, what each standard means, and how to put that standard into practice across subjects. Jim clearly lays out:
- Key distinctions across grade levels
- Different content-area versions of each standard
- Explanations of each standard, with student prompts
- Content to cover, lesson ideas, and instructional techniques
- Glossary and adaptations for ELL students
From the pages of The Common Core Companion: The Standards Decoded, Grades 9-12, comes this list of rich reading examples for narrative and informational text plus links to online lists with dozens of more resources.