A growing number of students with autistic spectrum disorders (ASDs) are educated in general education settings. To support them effectively and maximize their learning potential, it is essential that all school staff fully understand their needs.
This complete training package demonstrates the value of using self-evaluation tools to improve services, and includes:
- Guidance on delivering professional development to ensure inclusive practices schoolwide
- Activities and case studies to facilitate discussion
- Discussions of issues related to School Access Plans and the Disability Equality Duty
- Advice on useful resources, literature, and Web sites
- A CD-ROM with PowerPoint slides
Teachers, SENCOs, and management staff in primary and secondary schools will find this an essential training resource.