Gravity Goldberg’s Teach Like Yourself helps you become whatever you want to be as a practitioner. It’s one part life coach and three parts a manual for mastering the facets of teaching that no talks about, and yet are crucial to a satisfying career and to developing productive relationships with students.
Read this book when you need an extra shot of bravery. It’s a perfect resource if
- You are looking for a resource that can help you be your own coach
- You yearn for deeper, productive relationships with colleagues, students, and families
- You sense that the what and how of your instruction doesn’t align with your core beliefs
- You know teaching is your vocation—what you are meant to do—but you nevertheless are considering leaving the profession
In this, her fifth and most personal book, Gravity uses her gifts for developing teacher agency as she invites you to take on five powerful practices
- Knowing your core beliefs
- Viewing teaching as a practice
- Building balanced relationships
- Driving professional growth
- Taking care of your whole self
To support you as you make these five practices lifelong habits, Gravity includes illuminating stories, reflection questions, short videos of advice from her and other teachers, a full-color Teach Like Yourself Manifesto poster, and a Teach Like Yourself Facebook Group moderated by the author.
|Invitations to Reflect|