2. Registration. In order to access the Surveys, you may be required to submit your email address and password upon sign-in.
3. Ownership. It is hereby understood and agreed that Corwin is the owner or licensee of all right, title and interest to the Surveys. You acknowledge and agree that any comments or suggestions that you submitted to Corwin, either online or offline, will become the property of Corwin upon submission by you automatically and without notice. You will not retain any rights of any kind in such comments or suggestions submitted to Corwin including, without limitation, in or in connection with Surveys.
4. Grant of License. Corwin grants to you a non-exclusive, non-transferable and limited license to use the Surveys using the hardware and software required for the Surveys and subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
Subject to the terms of Section 3 above, you grant to Corwin an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, and unrestricted license to use the content submitted by you including, without limitation, your responses and comments in or in connection with Surveys, to use, display, adapt, modify, reproduce, translate and distribute such material (in whole or in part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or hereafter developed for the full term of any copyright that may exist in such material. You and the owner further hereby expressly waive any and all claims relating to such material. You also agree to permit any other user to access, view, store or reproduce the material for that user's personal, non-commercial use.
5. Access. You will have access to the Surveys from the date of registration for the duration of the subscription period purchased.
6. Conditions on Use. As a condition to your use of the Surveys, you agree that you will obtain any and all parental consents required for administration of the Surveys.
You also agree that you will not: (i) use the Surveys to infringe the intellectual property rights of others in any way or violate any other rights of any third parties; (ii) use the Surveys or make any attempt to penetrate, modify or manipulate this Surveys or any of Corwin’s hardware or software in order to: invade the privacy of, obtain the identity of, or obtain any personal information about (including, but not limited to, IP addresses of) any Corwin account holder or user, or modify, erase or damage any information contained on the computer of any user connected to the Surveys; (iii) reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, aggregate, disaggregate or obtain unauthorized access to or use of any elements or portion of the Surveys; (iv) sell, lease, sublicense, distribute, or otherwise transfer the Surveys (or any portion thereof) to any person, firm, or entity; or (v) use the Surveys (including any content created by you) in any other inappropriate, objectionable, harmful or illegal manner (including, but not limited to, libel, infringement or violation of rights of publicity, privacy, intellectual property rights, or moral rights, or the disclosure of confidential information).
You also represent and warrant that (i) you are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country; and (ii) you are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties.
7. Use Restrictions. The Surveys may not be copied, republished, uploaded or otherwise distributed. You may not sublicense, transfer, or otherwise make available the Surveys to any third party for commercial purposes or financial gain or use the Surveys in any other media or in any other location. You will keep your password secure from unauthorized use; sign-in only under your own email address and password and not disclose your password to anyone; and you will notify Corwin immediately in writing if you become aware of any of the following: (i) any loss or theft of your password; (ii) any unauthorized use of your password; or (iii) any breach of the terms of this Agreement.
THE SURVEYS ARE PROTECTED BY © COPYRIGHT AND MUST NOT BE USED, DISPLAYED, MODIFIED, ADAPTED, DISTRIBUTED, TRANSMITTED, TRANSFERRED, PUBLISHED OR OTHERWISE REPRODUCED IN WHOLE OR IN PART IN ANY FORM BY ANY MEANS OTHER THAN STRICTLY IN ACCORDANCE WITH THIS AGREEMENT. Without prejudice to any other right or remedy, Corwin reserves the right to withdraw access to the Surveys immediately if it becomes aware of any infringement of the copyright in the Surveys by you and may terminate this Agreement in accordance with Section 13 below.
8. DISCLAIMER. THE SURVEYS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. FURTHER, CORWIN MAKES NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND CONCERNING THE ACCURACY OR SUITABILITY OF THE SURVEYS AND MAY MODIFY THE SURVEYS AT ANY TIME, WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE OR LIABILITY TO YOU. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, CORWIN DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. FURTHERMORE, CORWIN DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS OF THE SURVEYS WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE SURVEYS IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS OR WILL BE ACCESSIBLE AT ALL TIMES OR ANY GIVEN TIME. THE EXCLUSIONS SET OUT HEREIN ONLY APPLY TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
9. Limitations of Liability. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in no event will Corwin be liable for any special, incidental, indirect, or consequential damages whatsoever arising out of the use or inability to use the Surveys even if Corwin has been advised of the possibility of such damages. In any case, Corwin’s entire liability under any provision of this Agreement will in no event exceed the amount of the price paid for your use of the Surveys. Notwithstanding anything herein to the contrary, Corwin shall have no liability for your inability to register or access the Surveys.
10. Indemnity. You agree to indemnify and hold Corwin harmless, and, at Corwin’s request, to defend Corwin from and against any claim, demand, cause of action, debt, damage, loss or liability, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, to the extent that such action is based upon, arises out of, or relates to: (i) your use of (or inability to use) this Surveys; (ii) your violation of the terms and conditions of this Agreement (including, but not limited to, a violation of Section 6 above); (iii) the infringement by you, or any other person using the Surveys on your behalf or with your authority; or (iv) any other activities of yours accomplished using this Surveys. You agree to cooperate as fully as reasonably required in the defense of any such claim. Corwin reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter subject to indemnification by you. This indemnity shall be in addition to, and not limited by, any other indemnity.
12. Choice of Law and Forum. This Agreement will be interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of California, U.S.A. without reference to conflicts of laws and without regard to its location of execution or performance. You agree that any and all disputes which may arise will be resolved before a court located in the State of California, U.S.A., to the exclusion of the courts of any other state or country. In the event a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision, or portion thereof, to be unenforceable, the remainder of this Agreement will continue in full force and effect. Your use of the Surveys may also be subject to local, state, national or international laws.
13. Term and Termination. This Agreement is effective upon registration and shall continue until terminated by you or Corwin. This Agreement will terminate immediately without notice from Corwin if, in the sole discretion of Corwin, you fail to comply with any term, condition, or provision of this Agreement.
14. General. No delay or failure to enforce any provision of this Agreement will constitute a waiver of such provision by Corwin or act as estoppel against later enforcement. You may not assert any claim or cause of action arising out of or relating to your use of the Surveys more than one year after the date such claim or cause of action arose. If any provision of this Agreement is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in the provision, and that the other provisions of this Agreement remain in full force and effect. The section headings used in this Agreement are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. Any questions, complaints or claims with respect to the Surveys should be directed to: Corwin Press, Inc., 2455 Teller Road, Thousand Oaks, CA 91320, 800-233-9936 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
15. Reservation of Rights. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved by Corwin.
Rev. April 2016