Pat Wolfe, Education Consultant
Mind Matters, Inc.
Use the power of collaboration to solve problems and resolve conflicts!
Any group has the potential for mistrust, suspicion, and rancor, and so effective leadership involves developing attitudes that guide groups to recognize and work through conflict in order to maximize the potential for collaboration.
Leading Through Collaboration offers practical guidance to leaders encountering conflict in their organizations. Based on years of experience that includes work as an organizational consultant and a superintendent, author John Glaser describes and applies a more effective means of solving problems through the creation of alignment and shared leadership. Part One of this accessible guide presents a framework for understanding the fundamental attitudes that are necessary for success in addressing conflict and change in an organization, while Part Two provides an essential set of problem-solving skills that can make successful collaboration a reality.
This easy-to-use resource will help group members:
- Establish a sense of shared commitment and common goals
- Build higher levels of trust and understanding
- Develop an approach to leadership that responds effectively to changing circumstances
- Understand each other's needs and perspectives
- Set aside differences and work together for the greater good