The collaborative approach to next-generation Common Formative Assessments!
Do you and your colleagues need timely, accurate insights on your students’ academic progress? This learning experience offers a proven approach for developing and implementing Common Formative Assessments (CFA) as a team, whether across subject areas or grade levels.
Educator Larry Ainsworth, author of best-selling books on CFA, will guide you through a step-by-step approach to build a powerful assessment program, supported by user-friendly templates and graphic organizers. You’ll implement innovative strategies that reflect current research, align to standards, and connect to instruction. Completing this eCourse will enable you to
- Understand the benefits and fundamental components of CFA 2.0
- Identify the priority standards that you’ll address through CFA 2.0
- Work together to develop Big Ideas on student learning and Essential Questions to guide your assessment process
- Create well-designed assessments – including multiple choice, short constructed-response and extended response – that accurately reflect student understanding and skills mastery
- Develop effective scoring guides to yield objective and meaningful information
- Communicate knowledge gained from CFA to parents and other family members
Upgrade your CFAs using CFA 2.0!
CFA 2.0 is so much more than assessment design. It shows teachers how they can intentionally align standards, instruction, assessment, and data analysis in every unit of study. Join your colleagues on a journey that will retool your assessment approach, build collaboration, and ultimately improve teaching and learning across your school.