The essential book on student engagement—now fully updated!
Learning is not a spectator sport. That’s the guiding principle behind Ron Nash’s bestseller, which has helped thousands of teachers transform their classroom environments by energizing and engaging their students.
In the newly revised edition, Nash offers proven strategies that involve students as active participants in their own learning. Teachers of all levels will benefit from
- The latest research on exercise, learning, and brain development
- New chapters on the value of empathy and the use of feedback versus praise
- Additional material on maximizing the use of classroom time and supporting speakers and listeners
- Even more classroom examples at both the elementary and secondary levels
- Novel teaching strategies that align with the Speaking and Listening Skills requirements of the Common Core State Standards
Discover—or re-discover—this trusted resource, combining down-to-earth wisdom with important insights on movement, memory, and learning.
“Mr. Nash understands learners, particularly today’s learners, and he effectively advises how to embrace their need for a more participatory role in their own learning. I recommend this book to all teachers those who are new and those who need to be “re-newed.” Buy a copy, buy a new highlighter, and prepare to be inspired to make sure it is the students who are tired at the end of the school day, not the teacher.”
Debbie Silver, Ed.D.
Retired teacher, author, consultant, speaker