Core Practice 6: Measure the Impact on Student & Teacher Learning
We believe that coaches are obliged to make sure that their coaching is impacting student and teacher learning. We use the Results-Based Coaching Tool to support this process.
The coach continually asks, ‘Did it work? Are we showing growth? Where should we go next?’ By documenting their impact, coaches are able to validate coaching and engage more teachers.
What it Looks/Sounds Like?
- Results-Based Coaching Tool provides a summary of the coaching cycle
- Coaching logs track day-to-day coaching work
- Teacher feedback helps a coach get better
- Student performance data measures a coaching program at a systems-level
- Ongoing, formative assessments are constructed within a coaching cycle
Explore the Core Practices: