You will learn how to:
- Build a climate of constructive collaboration that acknowledges each person’s unique cultural narrative.
- Connect adult cultural competence with student outcomes.
- Help educators explore issues of privilege, power, and difference and identify organizational barriers to equity and inclusion.
- Introduce the Seven Principles for Culturally Responsive Teaching and discuss applications in the classroom.
- Lead discussions on the dynamics of social dominance and link issues of dominance to current educational inequities.
- Apply a three-stage model for organizational transformation.
- Guide leadership teams in developing an action plan for staff development and systemic change toward a holistic, integrated approach to school improvement.
The benefits of completing the Certification includes:
- Build internal capacity within your district or region to deliver Deep Equity training to school teams
- 3-year licensure period allows certified trainer to deliver unlimited workshops
- Receive post-certification coaching and support from Corwin consultants as you get up to speed
- 20% off all Deep Equity books and participant manuals for the life of the license
- 20% discount on subscriptions to the Deep Equity PD Resource Center
- 20% discount on registrations for Culturally Responsive Teaching eCourses
- Includes flash drive with PowerPoint slides with robust speaker notes, handouts to dive deeper into the content
- Includes We Can’t Lead Where We Won’t Go Facilitator’s Guide and Participant Workbook