All On-Your-Feet Guide orders receive FREE SHIPPING! Use code SHIPOYFG at check out.
This bundle includes Tools for Teaching Conceptual Understanding, Elementary and the new On-Your-Feet Guide to Learning Transfer. Combined, this package becomes your go-to resource for content study and easy in-class implementation of concept-based teaching and learning transfer in your elementary classroom.
Harness natural curiosity for conceptual understanding!'
Tools for Teaching Conceptual Understanding, Elementary
Young children are naturally curious, asking deep questions about complex concepts. This tendency is a talent that can be nurtured so that children grow to be deep thinkers and innovators later in life. However, in our complex world, it is impossible to teach students everything they need to know. Pushing more factual content ignores what we know about how children learn and endangers their love of learning. Concept-based teaching helps young learners uncover conceptual relationships in a way that is developmentally appropriate. Readers of this guide will learn:
• Why conceptual learning is a natural fit for children
• Strategies for introducing conceptual learning
• Instructional strategies to help students uncover and transfer concepts
• How to write lessons, assess understanding, and differentiate in a concept-based classroom
• How concept-based teaching aligns with best practices and initiatives
Written for educators who strive to cultivate conceptual understanding while honoring students’ innate curiosity, this is a must-have road map for implementing concept-based teaching in elementary classrooms.
"This book provides the research and resources educators need to help students take ownership of their learning. It fosters students’ curiosity about their environment and it allows them to explore and become life-long learners."
Ellen Asregadoo, Fifth Grade Teacher
Public School 190, Brooklyn, NY
The On-Your-Feet Guide to Learning Transfer
Laminated, 8.5”x11” tri-fold (6 pages), 3-hole punched
The goal of learning is to develop strong thinkers and problem-solvers who can apply what they have learned in the classroom to innovate in the real world. That’s learning transfer. This On-Your-Feet Guide to Learning Transfer will help you break down the steps needed to implement this important strategy to engage and motivate your students and make your classroom relevant.
This On-Your-Feet Guide provides:
- A step-by-step method for ensuring that learning transfer happens in your classroom
- Guidance on how to identify the concepts in learning outcomes
- Examples showing how to write concept questions to help students make their own connections between key concepts
- Prompts to help students apply conceptual relationships to increasingly dissimilar contexts
Full of rich examples and ideas, this guide will make learning transfer a successful learning strategy in your classroom!