All On-Your-Feet Guide orders receive FREE SHIPPING! Use code SHIPOYFG at check out.Productive mathematics discussion or “math talk” starts with clear learning goals, the right task, and good planning. It also makes room for student thinking and collaboration to take center stage, leading students to deeper learning of mathematics. Teachers find that following the five practices of anticipating, monitoring, selecting, sequencing, and connecting has maximum impact on student learning in an inquiry-oriented mathematics classroom.
This On-Your-Feet-Guide provides:
- A brief look at each of the five practices for orchestrating productive mathematics discussions
- Key questions, tools, and challenges for each practice to consider as you plan and carry out your mathematics lesson
- Special considerations and helpful hints to think about as you troubleshoot your lessons and assess your implementation of the practices
- A focus on supporting equity and identity
- Brief videos with additional commentary from authors and teachers about each of the five practices
On-Your-Feet Guides (OYFGs) provide you with the ultimate “cheat sheet” to implement effective change in your classroom while in the moment of teaching. Designed for accessibility, and providing step-by-step guidance, the OYFGs are written by experts who take research-based practices and make them doable for the busy teacher.
Each On-Your-Feet Guide is laminated, 8.5”x11” tri-fold (6 pages), and 3-hole punched.
Use the On-Your-Feet Guides:
- When you know the "what" but need help with the "how"
- As a quick reference to support a practice you learning in a PD workshop or book
- To learn how to implement foundational practices
- When you want to help your students learn a specific strategy, routine, or approach, but aren’t sure how to do it yourself