All On-Your-Feet Guide orders receive FREE SHIPPING! Use code SHIPOYFG at check out.
Students learn what mathematics is and how one does it through their classroom instruction and the mathematical tasks they explore. Student learning is greatest when students have regular opportunities to engage with high-level or cognitively challenging tasks that engage students in thinking, reasoning, and problem solving and are essential to developing students’ conceptual understanding of mathematics.
How do you help students develop the capacity to think, reason, and problem solve, but your curricular resources don’t have many high-level, cognitively demanding tasks? Learn to modify existing tasks for higher-level thinking!
This On-Your-Feet-Guide provides:
• 8 Key Strategies for modifying low-level procedural tasks and transforming them into high-level thinking tasks.
• Examples across grades K-12
• Opportunities to practice modifying tasks and reflect on how the modified versions better meet students’ learning needs
• Helpful hints to set your tasks up for ultimate success.
On-Your-Feet Guides (OYFGs) provide you with the ultimate “cheat sheet” to implement effective change in your classroom while in the moment of teaching. Designed for accessibility, and providing step-by-step guidance, the OYFGs are written by experts who take research-based practices and make them doable for the busy teacher.
Each On-Your-Feet Guide is laminated, 8.5”x11” tri-fold (6 pages), and 3-hole punched.
Use On-Your-Feet Guides
• When you know the “what” but need help with the “how”
• As a quick reference to support a practice you learned in a PD workshop or book
• To learn how to implement foundational practices
• When you want to help your students learn a specific strategy, routine, or approach, but aren’t sure how to do it yourself