The concise guide to successfully teaching students with learning disabilities!
What is to be done to help a student who does not have an obvious special education condition, but whose expected achievement on certain academic tasks falls short of his or her actual achievement-despite evidence-based instruction? Let Teaching Students with Learning Disabilities be your guide! This compact resource describes the characteristics associated with learning disabilities, and offers practical teaching strategies proven to increase the success rate of these students both in and outside the classroom.
- A pretest and posttest to help readers assess their understanding of the nature of learning disabilities and how they are best addressed
- Cognitive, academic, communicational, physical, and behavioral characteristics that are associated with learning disabilities
- Strategies to improve the work habits and study skills of students with learning disabilities and/or ADHD
- Highly effective methods for improving the performance of students with learning disabilities in reading, writing, and mathematics
- Key vocabulary terms
A Practical Approach to Special Education for Every Teacher: The 13-Book Collection
This collection equips educators with practical knowledge and methods that will help them to better engage students in exploring-and meeting-their fullest potential..
- The Fundamentals of Special Education
- The Legal Foundations of Special Education
- Effective Assessment for Students With Special Needs
- Effective Instruction for Students With Special Needs
- Working With Families and Community Agencies to Support Students With Special Needs
- Public Policy, School Reform, and Special Education
- Teaching Students With Sensory Disabilities
- Teaching Students With Medical, Physical, and Multiple Disabilities
- Teaching Students With Communication Disorders
- Teaching Students With Emotional Disturbance
- Teaching Students With Mental Retardation
- Teaching Students With Gifts and Talents