About the Author
1. Designing Internet-Based Activities
What Does a Well-Designed Internet Activity Look Like?
Understanding by Design Framework
Nine Steps to a Successful Internet-Based Project
Example Lesson: Getting Started
Taking It to the Classroom: So Many Ways to Be Smart!
2. Connecting Brain-Compatible Learning, Multiple Intelligences, and the Internet
Multiple Intelligences Theory
3. Assessing Internet-Based Activities
Assessment: The Great Debate
Performance Tasks: Six Facets of Understanding Rubrics
4. Using the Internet to Strengthen Interpersonal Skills
The History of the Internet
Taking It to the Classroom: What Is the Internet?
Searching for Information: Search Engines
Taking It to the Classroom: Getting to Know Search Engines
Favorites and Web Site Notebooks
Interpersonal Exchange Activities
Taking It to the Classroom: Reflective Writing
5. Enhancing Information-Gathering and Analysis Skills
Information Literacy Skills
Taking It to the Classroom: Mini-Research Project
Information-Gathering and Analysis Activities
Taking It to the Classroom: What Makes Good Writing Good?
Taking It to the Classroom: Virtual Field Trips
6. Improving Questioning and Problem-Solving Skills
Taking It to the Classroom: Social Action Project
Appendix A: Web Site Addresses
Appendix B: Rubrics